This position is responsible for providing engineering design support to the project management staff for retail, office, residential, municipal, and industrial development projects. CADD designers collaborate with our civil engineers to design a wide variety of projects including, but not limited to: roadways and sidewalks, commercial complexes and buildings, small to large subdivisions, parks and recreational facilities, medical facilities and hospitals, marinas, small airports, churches and schools.
- Work from architectural plans and base files or land planning documents to produce engineering construction documents in AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Understand and use established company standards for drafting including layer names, line and character styles, drawings and window names, and file names for sheet layout
- Be proficient in preparing high-quality, innovative and accurate plan drawings in Civil 3D
- Analyze sketches, notes and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete drawings with minimal supervision and red lines
- Use creative design approach to solve design challenges and have meticulous attention to detail
- Effectively monitor and manage budgeted hours and schedule deadlines of multiple projects at the same time to keep CADD tasks profitable and meet project schedules
- Inform project manager(s) and client managers of progress on assigned projects and proactively communicate design concerns
- Have excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, along with a strong work ethic and sense of personal accountability
- Be able to work cohesively in a team environment and have good verbal, written, and graphical communication skills
Education / Experience:
- Associates Degree or Diploma in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Three or more years’ experience using AutoCAD/Civil 3D for land development engineering design work
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Civil 3D
The size and structure of our company affords designers the opportunity for professional growth and the ability to work on a wide variety of projects. This position provides a full benefits package, excellent pay (including overtime), and plentiful opportunities for career development and advancement.