This position is for a full-time professional planner.
Provide clients land development research, concept planning, and entitlements efforts to achieve development project goals. Manage a portfolio of projects with responsibilities including due diligence reports, applications for land use amendments, rezonings, special use permits, zoning variances, and overlay applications. Assist project managers with developing code-compliant site plans and providing research and support as needed. Represent clients to government staff and agencies through formal staff meetings, public hearings, and community meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop scope of work for new projects, managing a portfolio of projects within an estimated budget.
- Manage client expectations by providing guidance about land development entitlement processes and planning efforts.
- Advise internal project teams on matters related to land use, zoning, design regulations, and concurrency.
- Meet with government or agency reviewers with respect to interpretation or application of land development regulations.
- Complete due diligence analysis of subject properties on behalf of owners or prospective buyers analyzing site constraints and identifying potential uses.
- Prepare and file development applications such as land use amendments, rezonings, special use permits, and variances.
- Provide guidance during the site planning process concerning regulatory requirements.
- Make presentations at public meetings, hearings, and design review boards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or related field; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with local government regulatory requirements and processes. Experience may be public, private or a combination of both.
- Understanding of land development entitlement process.
- Able to manage projects, budgets and project team members.
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking.
- Reliable, responsible, dependable, and will fulfill obligations with minimal supervision.
The size and structure of our company affords planners the opportunity for professional growth and the ability to work on a wide variety of projects. This position provides a full benefits package, excellent pay, and plentiful opportunities for career development and advancement.