Website Matthews Design Group
Engineering Better Communities
Job Type: Full-time
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Related Field (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Matthews Design Group (MDG) is actively seeking a Planner for immediate employment.
Why Work at MDG:
- Annually rated a “Best Firm to Work For”
- Continuous opportunities for growth
- Fun-spirited, family environment
- Profit sharing & 401k matching
- Flexible work schedules
Apply Now: https://mdginc.com/job/planner
This is an entry-level position with applicant having between 3 and 5 years of experience. This role will focus on providing clients with land development research, concept planning, and entitlements efforts to achieve development project goals. Manage a portfolio of projects with responsibilities including due diligence reports, applications for land use amendments, rezoning, special use permits, zoning variances, and overlay applications. Assist project managers with developing code-compliant site plans and providing research and support as needed. Represent clients to government staff and agencies through formal staff meetings, public hearings, and community meetings.
- Prepare professional presentations
- Provide high-level concepts to direct CAD designers in site plan creation
- Possess a solid understanding of land development entitlement process.
- Assist Senior Planner or Project Manager with managing projects, budgets, and team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro for producing application packages and edits
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advise internal project teams on matters related to land use, zoning, design regulations, and concurrency.
- Meet with government or agency reviewers with respect to interpretation or application of land development regulations.
- Complete due diligence analysis of subject properties on behalf of owners or prospective buyers analyzing site constraints and identifying potential uses.
- Prepare and file development applications such as land use amendments, rezonings, special use permits, and variances.
- Develop scopes of work for new projects, managing a portfolio of projects within an estimated budget.
- Manage client expectations by providing guidance about land development entitlement processes and planning efforts.
- Provide guidance during the site planning process concerning regulatory requirements.
- Conduct presentations at public meetings, hearings, and design review boards.
- Health insurance (majority company-paid)
- Life insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- Paid time off
- 401(k)/401(k) matching
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
- Flexible scheduling available
- Profit sharing incentive bonus program
- St. Augustine, Florida
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- St. Augustine, FL: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)