MDG is growing and looking to hire a full-time Project Engineer. This position is responsible for assisting Project Managers and their team with projects, designs, and budgets.
Project Engineers collaborate with Professional Engineers and team members to design and provide support for a wide variety of projects including, but not limited to: roadways and sidewalks, bike paths and trails, commercial/industrial/educational/healthcare facilities, small to large residential developments, parks and recreational facilities, marinas, small airports, and churches.
- Assist with site design and permitting with various government agencies, stormwater calculations and design, utility construction and design, and project production support
- Understand and use established company standards for drafting including layer names, line and character styles, drawings and window names, and file names for sheet layout
- Be proficient in preparing high-quality, innovative and accurate plan drawings in Civil 3D
- Effectively monitor and manage budgeted hours and schedule deadlines of multiple projects at the same time to keep all tasks profitable and meet project schedules
- Inform project manager(s) and client managers of progress on assigned projects and communicate design concerns
- Have excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, along with a strong work ethic and sense of personal accountability
- Be a strong independent worker as well as being able to work cohesively in a team environment and have excellent verbal, written, and graphical communication skills
Education / Experience:
- BS in the field of Civil Engineering
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Civil 3D