This position is for a full-time Project Engineer that will be assisting Project Managers and our production team with every aspect of making projects successful, including: designs, budgets, scheduling, quality control, and client satisfaction. Successful completion of the EI exam is preferred.
Project Engineers collaborate with Professional Engineers and team members to design and provide support for a wide variety of projects including, but not limited to: roadways and sidewalks, commercial complexes and buildings, small to large subdivisions, parks and recreational facilities, medical facilities and hospitals, marinas, small airports, churches and schools.
- Assist with site design and permitting (including SJWMD, FDEP, COSA and SJC), storm water calculations and design, utility construction and design, and project production support
- Understand and use established company standards for drafting including layer names, line and character styles, drawings and window names, and file names for sheet layout
- Be proficient in preparing high-quality, innovative and accurate plan drawings in Civil 3D
- Effectively monitor and manage budgeted hours and schedule deadlines of multiple projects at the same time to keep tasks profitable and meet project schedules
- Inform project manager(s) and client managers of progress on assigned projects and proactively communicate design concerns
- Have excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, along with a strong work ethic and sense of personal accountability
- Be a strong independent worker as well as able to work cohesively in a team environment and have good verbal, written, and graphical communication skills
Education / Experience
- BS in the field of Civil Engineering
- Passed EI exam
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Civil 3D
The size and structure of our company affords engineers the opportunity for professional growth and the ability to work on a wide variety of projects. This position provides a full benefits package, excellent pay, and plentiful opportunities for career development and advancement.