Website Matthews Design Group
Engineering Better Communities
Position: Senior Planner
Job Type: Full-time
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Related Field (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- 10+ years experience with local government regulatory requirements and processes. Experience may be public, private, or a combination of both.
Full Job Description
Matthews Design Group (MDG) is actively seeking a Senior Planner for immediate employment.
Why Work at MDG:
- Annually rated a “Best Firm to Work For”
- Continuous opportunities for growth
- Fun-spirited, family environment
- Profit sharing & 401k matching
- Flexible work schedules
Apply Now: https://mdginc.com/job/sr-planner
Applicants for this position should have at least 10+ years planning experience. This role will focus on helping to lead and oversee the daily activities of the Planning Department. Sr. Project Planners are expected to provide exceptional service to clients in land development research, concept planning, and entitlements efforts to achieve development project goals. Responsibilities include managing a portfolio of projects with responsibilities including due diligence reports, applications for land use amendments, rezoning, special use permits, zoning variances, and overlay applications. This role assists project managers with developing code-compliant site plans and providing research and support as needed. This role will represent clients to government staff and agencies through formal staff meetings, public hearings, and community meetings.
- Have solid understanding of land development entitlement process.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking
- Committed to professional development – active involvement in at least one professional development organization (Ex. APA, FPZA, ULI)
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro for producing application packages and edits
- Strong working experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Provide high-level concepts to direct CAD designers in site plan creation
- Advise internal project teams on matters related to land use, zoning, design regulations, and concurrency.
- Meet with government or agency reviewers with respect to interpretation or application of land development regulations.
- Complete due diligence analysis of subject properties on behalf of owners or prospective buyers analyzing site constraints and identifying potential uses.
- Prepare and file development applications such as land use amendments, rezonings, special use permits, and variances.
- Develop scope of work for new projects, managing a portfolio of projects within an estimated budget.
- Manage client expectations by providing guidance about land development entitlement processes and planning efforts.
- Successfully manage time budgets for all tasks and ensure team members do not exceed estimated fees/hours on a consistent basis.
- Provide guidance during the site planning process concerning regulatory requirements.
- Prepare professional presentations and successfully conduct presentations at public meetings, hearings, and design review boards.
- Health insurance (majority company-paid)
- Life insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- Paid time off
- 401(k)/401(k) matching
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
- Flexible scheduling available
- Profit sharing incentive bonus program
- St. Augustine, Florida
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- St. Augustine, FL: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)