Northeast Florida Regional Airport
St. Augustine, florida
Matthews Design Group (MDG) provided construction inspection services for various projects:
- Spoil Island Removal: Project involved the removal and hauling of fill material from a dredge spoil island located near the airport. Project included the design and later removal of a temporary road with minimum impact to sensitive wetlands.
- Taxiway B Construction: Project involved removal of large amounts of unsuitable material; and installation of mass stabilization, stormwater collection, and conveyance systems. These systems included geo-grids, geo-fabrics, and geofoam.
- South General Aviation Hangar: Provided plan QA/QC, permitting support, and construction inspection services for new hangar, offices, and conference center at NFRA. This project was completed in 2010
- Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting Facility: Provided plan QA/QC and permitting support for the NFRA-ARFF.
- Since work was adjacent to active runways, constant coordination with air and surface control was required. Engineering services also included weekly and storm event erosion control inspections.
- Construction inspection and support
- Stormwater and erosion control inspections
- Permitting with St. Johns County and St. Johns River Water Management District