St. Johns County Fire Station 5 & Sheriff's South Regional Operations Center
St. Augustine, florida
Matthews Design Group (MDG) provided civil engineering site design for this nearly 23,000 SF Fire Station including four bay doors with a capacity to hold six fire vehicles. This new building located at 3370 US 1 South also houses a new South Regional Operations Center for the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office in St. Augustine. The facility also has a three-story drill tower and fitness room.
This combination Fire Station and Sheriff’s Office replaces Stations 5 and 11 in south St. Johns County. Scope of work included a site plan depicting site layout, roadways, traffic signal design, buildings, and site improvements, a demolition plan, utility plan, construction details accompanying the plan sets, and a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP). MDG also secured regulatory permits with St. Johns County, St. Johns River Water Management District (SJRWMD), Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), and Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
- Site design/planning
- Utilities design & coordination
- Water, sewer and lift station design
- Stormwater modeling
- Stormwater management and facilities design
- Stakeholder coordination
- Construction administration
- Construction inspections
- Permitting with St. Johns County, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, St. Johns River Water Management District, and Florida Department of Transportation