Amazon Distribution Center Roadway Improvements
Matthews | DCCM provided engineering services to improve Pecan Park Road and Duval Road in Jacksonville, Florida. Improvements are associated with the development of an Amazon, Inc. distribution center.
Project tasks for Pecan Park Road included the complete vertical and horizontal redesign of approximately 3,500 feet of roadway, signal modification, full access driveway connections, utility relocation, drainage design, superelevation analysis, and pedestrian access design. Pecan Park Road improvements also included a half-mile-long, 12-foot-wide multi-use path providing a safe and functional connection from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) roadway to the Distribution Center property.
Tasks for Duval Road included widening for multiple turn lanes, signal modifications, intersection improvements at Pecan Park Road, median conversion from full access to directional access, and driveway connection design.
- Roadway construction plans
- Multiuse path design
- Widening and realignment
- Stormwater modeling and design
- Safety improvements
- Project and stakeholder coordination
- Review and approval of work products from landscape architects and electrical engineers
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
- Permitting with City of Jacksonville, SJRWMD, and FDOT